Types of conditions treated by hand therapy:
- Numbness and tingling
Treatment/What to expect:
- Hand therapy is not just hands – Treatment can include shoulders, elbows, and/or wrists
- A thorough and practical evaluation of your symptoms and what is limiting you from your daily activities
- Skilled, evidence-based practice designed to improve or restore function
- 100% Hands-on treatments (yes, pun intended!)
- A uniquely personalized experience and a support system for you – from your therapist to the rest of the IMPACT team!
Hand orthotics are designed to immobilize and protect your joint(s) while you are in a recovery period and treat:
- Proper bone healing (for fractures)
- Rest of the muscles, tendons, and/or ligaments (tendonitis, muscle strain, ligament sprain, etc.)
- Nerve entrapment (carpal tunnel syndrome, cubital tunnel syndrome, etc.)
Not every kind of injury requires immobilization – your hand therapist can guide you on the best way to restore your hand function.
Other Custom Splints
- Molded to fit specifically to the treated part
- Fabricated and fitted to you during the session
- Adjustable as needed to meet your therapeutic goals
Prefabricated (Over-the-counter) Braces
- Come in small/medium/large sizes
- Adjusted by the hand therapist to ensure the right fit for you
Are you suffering from hand pain?
If you have an injury or pain in one or both of your upper extremities make an appointment with a hand therapist today!
Our Hand Therapy Team